Saturday, 2 December 2017

Is life merely a routine? What's the purpose? im uncertain

Hi!! So ive decided to write this second post because i feel that my first post has somewhat helped me  sort out my thoughts.

The truth about the life we live in today: isnt everyday just (almost) the same? It feels like my life just goes on repeat everyday. I wake up, eat, go to school, go home, study and then sleep and the cycle repeats. So i guess in a way this is another way in which life is a cycle, a more microscale of the one i talked about in the previous post. I wish i know the purpose for my existence, because i feel that without a purpose im not going anywhere as each day passes by, im just drifting through everyday aimlessly. That's why we all have small little goals we set right? doing well for exams, going to university, marriage, career etc. But to me, all these are just satisfactory momentarily. I wont deny that having the ability to build a stable life with a stable career is something that i would want to have. But beyond this? Are we merely living just for the sake of living? I mean none of us were given the choice to live in this world right? (Or maybe we had in our previous lives idk) And the thing is because we are born into this world, we tell ourselves that we need to make the most out of what we have and so yes we pursue for education, for jobs and for family. But the central question is: is that really YOUR purpose in life? The entire world's population is just going for the exact same goals arent they? So how is any of these YOURS? What sets me apart from others is a question i constantly ask myself. If i were to disappear from the face of the Earth, will this be a significant event in any way?

Famous people like Beethoven, he's purpose was pretty clear: he composes world-class renowned music pieces for the masses and his legacy still lives even after two centuries. That's what sets him apart from the rest and it is also the reason why he was a key figure. Im sure at the peak of his career and fame, if he were to have disappearred  it would likely to cause havoc and had massive impact on the world past and present.

I guess what i want to say is that i want to have a purpose in life that will distinguish me from others. I want individuality and identity. I dont want to just be a face in the 9 billion sea of people because i want to make a difference with my presence. And as of now, i cant find this purpose and worst of all, I dont feel in control of my life. This is of course mostly because im not yet self-sufficient and so  all my decisions are under the influence of my parents. I feel absolutely powerless from my lack of resources, my lack of purpose and my incompetency in all my uptakings. This had led to me questioning whether my life is just a routine and whether my presence is redundant.

This is not by any means a emotional post, but more of a reflective post. I feel that these questoons that i posed are applicable for everyone. Because wont it be very cool if everyone is unique in the sense that we all have our own specific set of purpose in mind? We wont ever stray or doubt ourselves anymore. We wont make mistakes that we regret for life, we wont disappoint our loved-ones and we wont be failures living on this planet.

So im asking all of you: what's your purpose in this life?

No comments:

Post a Comment